FUNCTIONAL INTEGRATION SESSIONS RE-STARTING LIVE
as soon as possible.
I am very much looking forward to returning to the one-to-one hands-on work as soon as government guidelines clearly allow. Even then, we will each have to think for ourselves what we are comfortable with and feel safe with as there are simply no guarantees. These are the guidelines I am expecting to have to go by as soon as I can open although this is only a draft to give you an idea.
If you wish to come for a session, I will email you a document like this.
Please read everything carefully and email me back to say you have read, answered and agreed to all of it for all your sessions in the foreseeable future:
1) I need to ask you these questions:
- Do you have you had a cough, temperature, loss of smell or taste – or have you been feeling otherwise unwell (eg. achey, tired, headachey)?
- In the last 14 days have you been in the company of someone else who has since had to quarantine for Covid 19 or possible Covid 19?
If the answer is yes to either of those questions I have to ask you not to come for 14 days from the onset of illness/time of contact or until you have had a negative test.
2) There are other questions for you to consider:
- Are you in the vulnerable or shielded groups for your age or a health condition? (Vulnerable can be as young as 60.)
- Do you live with someone who is vulnerable or shielded?
- Do you work at an external place of work (as opposed to home)?
If so, are there good hygiene and social distancing measures in place?
- Do you regularly travel on public transport (eg for work)?
Please consider if your answers to these questions make the risk of you coming too high for yourself or others (also depending on the level of infection in the country at the time you wish to come.)
3) To reduce your (and my) risk of exposure:
- Please consider not coming on public transport if you can.
- Please wear long trousers, long sleeves and bring socks.
- Please wear a face covering (I have some spare disposable face masks if necessary).
- Please be on time as there is no waiting room, and I also need to leave a minimum of 30 minutes between appointments to aerate and sanitise the room.
- Please use the hand sanitiser on arrival and departure.
- I may ask to take your temperature with a no-contact thermometer on arrival.
- The only toilet is in my house, and it is advised that you do not use it unless you urgently need to. If you do, there is high grade sanitiser for you to spray all surfaces with before and after use. There is no towel for the sink, only kitchen roll.
- Please bring your own water.
- Please pay by internet/bank transfer or paypal before your session. (I do have a VISA machine but it depends on a slightly wobbly wifi/4G at the moment. Cash is not advised – and hard for me to use! – but I will accept it if it is the only way you can manage. It would be safer if you don’t require change.)
- Please change your clothes and wash your hands and face when you get home.
4) Other precautions and practices to keep you safe include:
- I will cancel appointments for 14 days if I answer ‘yes’ to either of the first two questions above.
- I will wear washable scrubs and a washable mask/visor which I will change between each client.
- I have washable gloves for touching skin on hands and face if needed.
- I will sanitise surfaces with a high grade sanitiser and aerate the room between clients.
The Govt Guidelines currently stress reduced contact time so I am looking to keep time in the studio below an hour. To help this:
- If the weather is good, we can talk in the yard behind the studio to reduce time indoors.
- For first time or returning clients a short call first would be good so we can do some of the talking in a safer way.
- Booking the next appointment by email/text after (unless it is a simple confirmation of ‘same time, next week’) would be good to reduce time in the room as well.
I am so sorry to have to have these measures in place as they may seem a little distancing at first, but I am required by my insurance, my Guild – and by my own integrity – to do my best to keep you as safe as possible, as well as my other clients, myself and my family.
The sessions don’t go so well if you feel unsafe or if we feel too distanced behind masks, so a good way of deciding whether to book might be to consider how these measures sit with you.
The Feldenkrais Method contains an idea of improving our ability to adapt to our circumstances and find new possibilities within constraints, so I am hoping that while it might be strange initially, we will get used to these measures for this period and find our way through. I have tried out a few ‘test’ sessions like this and was very surprised at how quickly we both forgot we had masks on. However, if it is not for you, there is always zoom – and surely this period won’t last for ever……
Finally, I know that some of you may not believe in such precautions- or even in the gravity of the pandemic! – but, professionally speaking, I must follow the guidelines, so please do not ask me to leave them aside for you.
My very best wishes, Victoria Worsley FG(UK)